1. Talk Floods is a brand new Restoration Forum for Professional business owners that service Water Damage, Fire Damage, Mold Remediation and other restoration services.

Talk Floods is a NEW FORUM and offers the following:

• Free Classifieds Buy/Sell/Trade Restoration Equipment
    • Marketing & Advertising Techniques
    • Managing a Restoration Business
    • All types of Restoration Topics
    • And much more to come

**IMPORTANT!! IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A TRUCKMOUNTFORUMS.COM ACCOUNT, THEN YOU CAN USE THAT TO LOGIN HERE**

ps:...All new users who sign up and create 100+ posts will receive FREE Do-Follow Backlinks & able to Sell in the classifieds at no cost for a lifetime.

Dismiss Notice

Is mold remediation hard to get started in? What are the risks?

Discussion in 'Mold Remediation' started by Rob Allen, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Victoriano

Victoriano Member Premium Member

How do you clean mold ? by telepathy ?
    do you think that New York city subway has been treated against mold, after Sandy storm ? Do you teach to big construction companies.
    You insist in professional attacks. The personal underestimation is a mistake to learn.
    You said: As long as air samples come back at or under acceptable levels for my area I am more then happy to offer a guarantee at this moment in time and nothing more. Is this professional ?
    Particles meters ? I don´t use watch during 30 years, it is no good to the stress in great disasters.
    I don´t clean mold, I kill it.
    Do you know words like proyect, planning,production, co-ordination, delivery date in building construction, quality control...?
    I am talking of concepts, ideas, technic.... You talk of brand products, brand meters, brand machines..... we are talking here about different things.

2. Victoriano

What's the pricing for mold? - What´s the cause ?
    Is it charged by the sqft or what? - Do you know the art ?
    Does insurance ever pay for mold? Insurance don´t pay by defects of edification ( capillarity, condensation....). only pay for their own negligence, if you can to prove this.

3. aspenedelen

aspenedelen Top Contributor Staff Member Moderator

You are a idiot and I am done trying.
    to reason with you.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

4. Victoriano

5. zsolt

zsolt New Member

Good stuff !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Steamprony

Steamprony New Member

Mold can be dangerous in your house/office. Only professional can help you get rid of the same. Get in touch with SteamPro Professional & stay away from nasal stuffiness, throat irritation, coughing or wheezing, eye irritation, or, any other related problems.

7. TheRemediator

TheRemediator New Member

Mold, mold, mold.. Why didn't the customer call us quicker? If you mitigate a mold damage and the house is not dry, the mold will come back. Mold Remediation and dry-outs should be going hand-in-hand. If you have done a mold remediation project correctly and the house is dry, the mold should not return.

If I flood cut a wall 2' and there is mold on the back of the drywall, I pull the insulation and flood cut 2' more ft for a total of 4' flood cut. If it's mold its hazard labor, take photo documentation for ANY visible mold.

If you are doing mold remediation work, you NEED multiple air filtration devices. You should be working in a contained work space with negative air pressure and using HEPA vacuums.

You get an Industrial Hygienist (IH) or Indoor Environmental Professional (IEP) to evaluate the mold concern. If cleaning/remediation is necessary, they will write-up a protocol for the restoration company to follow to ensure proper restoration. This protocol will very likely include HEPA vac of areas that were tested. After, you complete remediation following this protocol, there should be a clearance test done to ensure work has been completed properly.

Please, if you are going to get into mold please do it properly and understand how to Remediate properly. Please take your Anti-Microbial Restoration Technician (AMRT) certified IICRC course and practice techniques required for expert mold remediation.