• Talk Floods is a brand new Restoration Forum for Professional business owners that service Water Damage, Fire Damage, Mold Remediation and other restoration services.

Talk Floods is a NEW FORUM and offers the following:

• Free Classifieds Buy/Sell/Trade Restoration Equipment
    • Marketing & Advertising Techniques
    • Managing a Restoration Business
    • All types of Restoration Topics
    • And much more to come

**IMPORTANT!! IF YOU ALREADY HAVE A TRUCKMOUNTFORUMS.COM ACCOUNT, THEN YOU CAN USE THAT TO LOGIN HERE**

ps:...All new users who sign up and create 100+ posts will receive FREE Do-Follow Backlinks & able to Sell in the classifieds at no cost for a lifetime.

Doing SEO yourself the right way?

There are really 2 components to this...there is SEO and SEM. We have our web guy do SEO for us and I do the SEM (Search Engine Marketing). I spend a good deal of time working on creating backlinks, building citations, and researching the latest google algorithm changes.

A little more than a year ago, I would shake and hyperventilate at the word SEO/SEM, now what I am finding is that by treating it as a beast I am going to have to learn to master and tame, I am getting the jump on it. (Until Google changes everything I just learned last week and I have to relearn all new stuff) We had our quarterly SEO meeting on Thursday and I was asking our web guy if he was up to speed on Googles latest Penguin update and much to my surprise I found out that I knew more about it than he did.

All that to say, SEO/SEM is time consuming and must be done regularly. If you are busy buidling a business, see if you can find someone to work on it for you, even if all you can afford at the moment is to pay for 5-10 hours of work per week on the topic. It is cumulative and the time spent on SEO/SEM will add up and you will see results.

Jan 24, 2014
Does anyone know if your Google+ account can be ranked in the organic search or does it just help with the overall ranking of your website and for local search ?

Feb 3, 2016
Ridgefield, NJ
I recommend hiring a pro, but lets not break the bank! dont pay a ton of money for SEO work from california , new york...etc OUTSOURCE it!! i use freelancer.com and i have a budget of around 2k. They go above and beyond for you.

LeadAmigo

May 19, 2016
Dallas, TX
leadamigo.com
Does anyone know if your Google+ account can be ranked in the organic search or does it just help with the overall ranking of your website and for local search ?
Your Google+ business account cannot be ranked in organic search but it can be ranked in what's called the "3 Pack".

It's important to note that the "3-Pack" usually shows above organic results and right below PPC ads. From our data, the ROI of ranking #1 in the 3-Pack is way higher than any other form of water damage marketing.

Hope this helps,
Jake

kdhim

Jun 25, 2018
New York City
Who's still wondering about SEO here?

Lots of changes have happened in regards to the three pack ranking over the past few years.

I'll give you a hint. It's not as much about citations anymore. Once you develop a base of citations, then building more won't push you up like it did several years ago. Now, it's more about the combination of On-page optimization and choosing proper categories.

Top Bottom